Deploying RDO Red Hat OpenStack from Baremetal on Baremetalcloud.com IaaS
I will walk you through the process of deploying a CentOS 6.4 image on your own private server at Baremetalcloud.com then deploy RDO Red Hat OpenStack. The entire process from start to finish can be completed in less then 30 min.
1. If you do not have an account with Baremetalcloul.com open one up at https://noc.baremetalcloud.com/register
2. Once your account is approved login and add a new Server
• If you want IP KVM access via idrac then select a M610 model
• Depending on your workload adjust for the amount of ram RDO minimum is 2GB
3. Select the Server location Model and select Order.
4. Next select the CentOS 6.4 x64 image and Order Now.
6. Under the servers tab you will see a list of your servers, Single click your server, select the Login Info Tab.
7. Using an SSH client, I’m will be using putty connect up to the server using the ID root and new Password.
8. First the command “rpm -qa parted” if it comes back with parted-2.3-11.fu2012.x86_64 (installed)
Then you must run “rpm -e –nodeps parted” this will uninstall 2.3 cause we need 2.1 or the install will error.
9. Now we can install RDO Red Hat OpenStack in 3 steps
Type or Cut and Paste the following commands
sudo yum install -y http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack/openstack-grizzly/rdo-release-grizzly.rpm
sudo yum install -y openstack–packstack
Enter a root password
When you see **** Installation completed successfully ****** you can move on to next steps